In a recent interview (with Variety) while accepting her award at the CinemaCon, Elizabeth Banks, who plays District 12 escort Effie Trinket, was able to chat about The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. According to her:
“No huge surprises. Effie has a heart that grows multiple sizes. We’re true to the book. Hopefully we’re delivering to the fans. That’s what they want.” Of course, “I spent a lot of time in the hair and makeup trailer, and every day we had that ‘ah-ha’ moment.”
|Effie (middle) with Katniss (L) and Peeta (R)|
In the first trailer Catching Fire, Effie is still tight up with “manners” and her costume is much more flamboyant. Can’t wait to see the rest of her outfit in November 22nd.
Anyway, congrats to Ms. Banks for the award!
- Elizabeth Banks Talks About Catching Fire Casting, Being Effie, and Francis Lawrence
- Elizabeth Banks to Receive CinemaCon Award for Excellence in Acting
- Josh Hutcherson: Catching Fire is Very True to the Book
- Elizabeth Banks Talks Catching Fire and Effie (VIDEO)
- Elizabeth Banks: Effie Will Have Bigger and Better Costumes in Catching Fire
- Elizabeth Banks Meets Catching Fire Director Francis Lawrence
- Elizabeth Banks on Effie’s Costume in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- Hunger Games’ Elizabeth Banks Says Catching Fire Director Is “Going to Be Great for the Franchise”
- Josh Hutcherson and Elizabeth Banks Share News about the Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Videos)
- Melissa Leo Talks about Losing Mags in Catching Fire; Elizabeth Banks Thrilled to Work with Lynn Cohen