SUBWAY® restaurants, the world’s largest restaurant chain, and Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF), a leading global entertainment company, today announced that SUBWAY® will be the exclusive restaurant promotional destination for the film “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” the highly anticipated second installment of the global blockbuster “The Hunger Games” film franchise. “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” will open in theaters worldwide on November 22. SUBWAY® and Lionsgate will utilize their promotion to support Feeding America, a non-profit organization consisting of more than 200 food banks nationwide.
SUBWAY® restaurants in the U.S. and Canada will be fired up in anticipation of the film’s release, with a number of promotional assets planned for in-store, social, online, and broadcast. A special product line will be featured with thematic ties to the film, along with specially marked packaging with codes encouraging customers to engage online for their chance to win prizes. SUBWAY® customers can also pose with their favorite character’s standees in the restaurants and are invited to share photos on social media for additional chances to win.
“There’s nothing hotter than ‘The Hunger Games’ franchise,” said Michelle Cordial, Director of Marketing Development for SUBWAY® restaurants. “Being able to deliver exclusive ‘Catching Fire’ experiences to our Subway fans is something that Hunger Games enthusiasts can’t find anywhere else.”
“With SUBWAY joining as a promotional partner for ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,’ Lionsgate has found new ways to reach a larger audience of fans of the film franchise,” said Paula Kupfer, Vice President of Promotions and Consumer Products for Lionsgate. “Beyond providing fans with unique film experiences, what makes this promotion truly special to the studio is our ability to work with SUBWAY to support Feeding America and help provide to those in need.”
“The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” begins as Katniss Everdeen has returned home safe after winning the 74th Annual Hunger Games along with fellow tribute Peeta Mellark. Winning means that they must turn around and leave their family and close friends, embarking on a “Victor’s Tour” of the districts. Along the way Katniss senses that a rebellion is simmering, but the Capitol is still very much in control as President Snow prepares the 75th Annual Hunger Games (The Quarter Quell) – a competition that could change Panem forever.
“The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” is directed by Francis Lawrence, from a screenplay by Simon Beaufoy and Michael DeBruyn, based upon the novel “Catching Fire” by Suzanne Collins and produced by Nina Jacobson and Jon Kilik.
- Lionsgate Teams Up with World Food Programme and Feeding America to Fight Hunger
- Costumes and Capitol Couture Collection in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire to be Presented at Net-a-porter
- Hunger Games Merchandise on Cafe Press – Lionsgate and the World’s Biggest Custom Products Maker Partnered
- Lionsgate Teams Up with Cover Gilr for Catching Fire
- Lionsgate Needs Extras for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- Lionsgate Teases Fans with Animated GIFs (Believed to be from the New Catching Fire Trailer)
- Lionsgate Assures Hunger Games Sequel Catching Fire to be Released into the Scandinavian Audience
- Hunter Parrish Has Spoken to Lionsgate Producers for a Potential Role in Catching Fire
- Attention Lionsgate, Variety Has Some Suggestions for the Filming of Catching Fire and Meeting the November 2013 Deadline
- Catching Fire Director is Francis Lawrence, Actors with Major Roles in the Hunger Games Reprise their Roles – An Official Press Release From Lionsgate